Thank You to our Veterans

  Veterans Day was originally called 'Armistice Day', celebrating the end of World War 1 in 1918.

My heart is thankful for the many American men and women who have served our beloved country during war and peace.  Each American citizen has freedoms bought by the lives and sacrifices of men and women they will never know.  Thank you seems to be such a small phrase given the magnitude of personal sacrifices offered even before my birth and still being offered today.  


In 2009, Stampin' Up! created a special edition stamp, God Bless America, which I loved from the day of its release.  That is the stamp I used in the top left corner of my flag card.  I used a thin line of silver embossing to accent the Pacific Point blue border around that layer.  
As I watched the annual ceremony this morning at Arlington National Cemetery, I was covered in goosebumps at the sounds of our National Anthem being played by the talented military band.  My heart is thankful.  


~
Inky (((huggss))),




No comments

Thank you so much for your comments and this smile on my face!